Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Mon Apr 5 20:52:30 BST 2021

Hi,

On 2021-04-05 21:40, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Monday, 5 April 2021 19:20:08 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 3:33 AM Christoph Cullmann
>> <christoph at cullmann.io>
>> > I reverted my test commit to see if we have still some unpatched 5.15
>> > with a broken QJSEngine around again.
>> >
>> > Still, I think it would be great if one could have some patched version
>> > in the CI.
>> >
>> > Could one update there the Qt installation to the latest available patch
>> > release?
>
> It would be really useful if you specified **what** version; if
> ktexteditor
> requires Qt 5.15.2, then please set the minimum Qt version to 5.15.2.
> Do not
> allow 5.15.0 and then complain that it triggers crashes. Alternately,
> use
> QEXPECT_FAIL if you have a beef with specific Qt versions.

is that allowed for Frameworks?
Naturally that would be preferable.

I just wanted to test with my commit if the CI stuff has fresh enough
stuff
that has no broke QJSEngine. That failed ;=) But if you update as said
below,
that is nice.

I would love to raise the version to minimal 5.15.2 given that 5.15
below that path
has a QJSEngine that randomly crashes during GC, for everything.

I am still amazed that not more stuff fails there, given our javascripts
are trivial,
perhaps we are just unlucky to have unit tests with JS stuff.

> All that said, yes, we can update the CI builders to 5.15.2, which is
> what
> most folk on FreeBSD would be using now anyway.

That would be great!

Greetings
Christoph

--