D24827: auto-enable KIO_ASSERT_SLAVE_STATES also for from-git builds

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 22 10:54:48 BST 2019

sitter added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in CMakeLists.txt:49
> It does, but people can still pass -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release, or RelWithDebInfo (as I do for profiling).
>
> Won't this give them the warning below then, even if they don't set the KIO_ASSERT_SLAVE_STATES option)?
>
> I would just set ASSERT_SLAVE_STATES_DEFAULT to OFF when the build type isn't Debug.
> (i.e. checking for that as part of the condition on line 42)

Well, at that point you can choose to:

- explicitly -DASSERT_SLAVE_STATES_DEFAULT=OFF which will not trigger the warning as the option will not default to the auto detection if you set it manually
- just ignore the warning

If you don't want that I'd actually get rid of the warning altogether. Determining what a given build type does isn't so reliably doable as users may have custom build types that define whatever, so the warning is more of a crutch than anything.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO