D24827: auto-enable KIO_ASSERT_SLAVE_STATES also for from-git builds

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 22 11:23:41 BST 2019

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> sitter wrote in CMakeLists.txt:49
> Well, at that point you can choose to:
>
> - explicitly -DASSERT_SLAVE_STATES_DEFAULT=OFF which will not trigger the warning as the option will not default to the auto detection if you set it manually
> - just ignore the warning
>
> If you don't want that I'd actually get rid of the warning altogether. Determining what a given build type does isn't so reliably doable as users may have custom build types that define whatever, so the warning is more of a crutch than anything.

Please kill the warning then.
I want things to be simple for new developers. Having to find out what this "Assert slave states default" variable does shouldn't be part of the first day experience compiling KF5. And I certainly don't want to teach people to ignore warnings, either.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO