D25530: Sonnet: Add locales that are missing in QLocale

Waqar Ahmed noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 27 05:06:53 GMT 2019

waqar added a comment.

  > Sorry but i don't think this is an acceptable solution,

  With all due respect, the end user doesn't give a crap whether it was a problem in QLocale, or whether it needed to be done in many places in KDE code and that nobody did it. The end user opens the menu, sees 'American English (United States)' and below that 'cv_RU' and he is just going to think the developers didn't fix it.

  > there's lots of other places in KDE code we use QLocale to get the name of a language, if you do this here you'll have to do the same in like 5 places.

  Alright lets do it in all the places. I will do it.

  > Instead just fix it in the proper place

  What would be the proper place? Qt Code? I am not sure about that. Maybe this doesn't happen on other operating systems. Maybe it's an OS issue.(I don't have other operating systems to test on) Even if it is in Qt Code, improving Qt is great and beneficial for everyone, but its gonna take some time, 6 months? maybe more. In the meantime, this may not be the cleanest and the best solution but it is something and something is better than nothing.

REPOSITORY
  R246 Sonnet