D20693: Remove pixelated border

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 24 09:31:53 BST 2019

leinir added a comment.

  In D20693#454874 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20693#454874>, @ngraham wrote:

  > To show that a thumbnail clickable, switching to the pointing hand cursor when hovering over a thumbnail could work.
  >
  > However I notice that the actual list delegates in the browse view seem to add frames and shadows to the thumbnails there, and they look okay. The frame's proportions even perfectly match the aspect ratio of the thumbnail:
  >
  > Why doesn't any of that work here?

  i'm afraid the "it works" is an illusion brought on by looking at content which doesn't show the issue... The main problem here is that we're dealing with user-generated content, and we can't assume that just because an image has a certain size, that space is actually filled with image data :/ F6790301: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6790301>

  > Aesthetics-wise, I'm okay deleting the shadow, but I'm less thrilled about also deleting the frame surrounding the image. Without that, the images look naked in the view, like they're just floating there, disconnected from everything: F6788651: Screenshot_20190423_074053.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6788651>

  Hmm... i guess we could put an outline around things, though which would be the question, and i don't have an answer to that... (i personally like the floating thing, though i realise that's just me liking the space, without having any particularly good explicitly defined reason for it)

  > Rewriting this in QML would be lovely (not in this patch though, obviously). I think we have a mockup of a new UI for it somewhere which I can't find right now but I'll try to dig it up.

  Thanks a bunch, just toss it at me when you've found it :)

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff