D20693: Remove pixelated border

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 24 17:10:01 BST 2019

ngraham accepted this revision.
ngraham added a subscriber: mmustac.
ngraham added a comment.

  In D20693#455251 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20693#455251>, @leinir wrote:

  > i'm afraid the "it works" is an illusion brought on by looking at content which doesn't show the issue... The main problem here is that we're dealing with user-generated content, and we can't assume that just because an image has a certain size, that space is actually filled with image data :/ F6790301: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6790301>

  Sounds like we could handle that on the server side, to sanitize the image and delete any "empty space" around the image before handing it off to GHNS or Discover. Without that, I see what you mean that we actually can't add a frame and shadow though. So ship it!

  In D20693#455251 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20693#455251>, @leinir wrote:

  > ! In D20693#455251 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20693#455251>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Rewriting this in QML would be lovely (not in this patch though, obviously). I think we have a mockup of a new UI for it somewhere which I can't find right now but I'll try to dig it up.
  >
  > Thanks a bunch, just toss it at me when you've found it :)

  Found it at https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=137732, but the link to the mockup is dead. @mmustac, would you be able to dig up the original and post it here?

  Also, rewriting this in QML would allow us to easily use its own tools to add a frame and drop shadow

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff

BRANCH
  no-pixelated-border (branched from master)