D20693: Remove pixelated border

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 23 14:41:41 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  To show that a thumbnail clickable, switching to the pointing hand cursor when hovering over a thumbnail could work.

  However I notice that the actual list delegates in the browse view seem to add frames and shadows to the thumbnails there, and they look okay. The frame's proportions even perfectly match the aspect ratio of the thumbnail: F6788649: Screenshot_20190423_074013.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6788649>

  Why doesn't any of that work here?

  Aesthetics-wise, I'm okay deleting the shadow, but I'm less thrilled about also deleting the frame surrounding the image. Without that, the images look naked in the view, like they're just floating there, disconnected from everything: F6788651: Screenshot_20190423_074053.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6788651>

  Rewriting this in QML would be lovely (not in this patch though, obviously). I think we have a mockup of a new UI for it somewhere which I can't find right now but I'll try to dig it up.

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff