D20209: Add support for KBookmarkOwner to communicate if it has tabs open

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 14 19:08:17 BST 2019

hallas added a comment.

  Hi @dfaure - I looked into this a bit more and have run into a problem, I hope you can help solve. The problem is that when I add a getter and a setter for the number of open tabs, I need to store the value somewhere in `KBookmarkOwner` but I guess I cannot add a member variable, since that breaks binary compatibility. But luckily this class has a d-Pointer `KBookmarkOwnerPrivate` in the member variable `d`, but there is no definition of `KBookmarkOwnerPrivate` and therefore it is not constructed anywhere, this is not a problem since I could just make one, the problem is that the virtual destructor for `KBookmarkOwner` is implemented directly in the header file, and I don't think I can move (and change) the implementation to the .cpp file without breaking binary compatibility? Also I should probably also implement a copy constructor and assignment operator in `KBookmarkOwner` if we actually use the d-Pointer, right? And this would also break binary compatibility.

  I hope you can provide some guidance :D

REPOSITORY
  R294 KBookmarks