D10937: Retouching of Screen Layout Selection OSD Icons

Phil Stefan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 1 18:06:35 UTC 2018

pstefan added a comment.

  In D10937#216270 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10937#216270>, @ngraham wrote:

  > But I don't like how the window and X icons in the other icons are now much lighter and smaller. I feel like they need to be a bit bigger and/or have thicker line weights to ensure that they don't recede too much in visual importance. Maybe not as big and thick as before, but maybe a //bit// bigger.

  I agree with you on the X. 1px diagonal strokes don't jam well standard resolution screens. I've updated them to 2px thick strokes now.

  I kinda agree with you on the windows, however, what makes the thing windows in my revision so recognizable as windows, compared to the current ones, is the ratio of the header thickness to the outline stroke thickness delineating the window. it's 1:3 for my windows and 2/3 for the one in the current ones. There's not much room to go around in the icons to make thicker windows that are easily renegotiable this way.
  However, I think I found a fix, instead of making them bigger, make them more massive. I added some content to the windows and I think it could be a nice middle ground:

  F5735098: Screenshot from 2018-03-01 18:58:16.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5735098>

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons