D14397: Support libcanberra for audio notification

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 30 09:20:59 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   (Oh btw it's not like I didn't try, I originally ported all of this to QtMultimedia but `QAudioEffect` which is for low-latency sound effects only supports WAV sounds and `QMediaPlayer` had significant overhead and initialization times as well which is why I eventually ended up using canberra)

  See, it would have been constructive to mention that earlier.

  FWIW, I think we just want to play a file here, not juggle with audio effects.
  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41197576/how-to-play-mp3-file-using-qaudiooutput-and-qaudiodecoder.

  Anyone else interested in the idea of having a QtMultiMedia Phonon backend that (a priori) uses the most low-level APIs from that Qt component?

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications