D14397: Support libcanberra for audio notification

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 30 08:57:20 BST 2018

broulik abandoned this revision.
broulik added a comment.

  > I haven't checked, but I'd appreciate if that could also be done through a cmake option. In packaging systems like MacPorts and HB it's perfectly possible to have libcanberra and/or pulseaudio installed for Gnome apps that cannot do without them, but still not want to let other software use them (opportunistic dependencies)

  I don't really care about your artificially created problems. You *have* libcanberra but want to use it for one project and not the other. Sorry, but no. How about I cannot do without them like your Gnome apps? Then what. (Can't you override those variables externally using `-D...` anyway?)

  But whatever, I'm out. Was an attempt to fixup the subpar experience we had with notification sounds and I'll happily continue to use use this patch locally but I'm tired of this.

  (Oh btw it's not like I didn't try, I originally ported all of this to QtMultimedia but `QAudioEffect` which is for low-latency sound effects only supports WAV sounds and `QMediaPlayer` had significant overhead and initialization times as well which is why I eventually ended up using canberra)

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications