D9286: don't multiply svg sizes by devicepixelratio

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 17 10:51:29 UTC 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.

  I handle scaling everyewhere except for Plasma which does it's own thing.

  ----

  I'm not convinced by this patch:

  If this was Qt's devicePixelRatio this would definitely 100% make sense as there we write all UI code in logical sizes.

  But in Plasma it's up to the developer to convert everything from logical pixles to devicePixels themselves, so it does makes sense to multiply surely?

  On wayland we have both systems going at once.
  Which sounds super broken, but it just about works because Units.devicePixelRatio is (implicitly) divided through by Qt's devicePixelRatio.

  Units.devicePixelRatio should be exactly 1, because (unless explicitly overridden) our logical DPI is set to 96.    (96/96 =1)

  So this patch shouldn't be affecting anything?

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)