D10691: [kactivities-stats] Fix plasmashell crash when database is broken

Kamil Piwowarski noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 21 11:04:26 UTC 2018

kpiwowarski added a comment.

  @ivan When database is broken additionaly kactivitymanagerd is in endless loop of creating and closing processes. Each KF5 application prints to console message: "KActivities: FATAL ERROR: Failed to contact the activity manager daemon"

  Maybe it would be good to display dialog from kactivitymanagerd and ask user to fix (remove and create again) database instead of creating new processes infinitialy? It would fix the source of the problem which is broken database (I only wonder why the database is broken).

  I think that for now it's more important to fix crash and then help user to fix database. Additionally at this moment I think I don't have good C++ skills to fix that another way :(

REPOSITORY
  R159 KActivities Statistics