D10691: [kactivities-stats] Fix plasmashell crash when database is broken

Ivan Čukić noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 21 00:02:55 UTC 2018

ivan requested changes to this revision.
ivan added a comment.

  Well, in a library that 99% relies on a database, having no database is not something that can be gracefully handled (the returned nullptr is asserted on as well in the function that calls ::instance in ResultSet :) - because of this, I'm changing to 'Request Changes').

  Graceful handling instead of qFatal/Q_ASSERT could be implemented so that all models and queries return empty sets. Which would be useless, but as I said, I don't have anything against that.

  When we get the bug reports about empty favourites, there will be an additional test step "Hi, do you have this message in the plasmashell output 'Database can not be opened...'" :)

REPOSITORY
  R159 KActivities Statistics