D14779: Fix 'kformattest fails with installed kcoreaddons language package'

Ralf Habacker noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 15 17:18:09 BST 2018

habacker added a comment.

  In D14779#308603 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14779#308603>, @aacid wrote:

  > I think that in the test we just need to call
  >
  >   bool QCoreApplication::installTranslator(QTranslator *translationFile)
  >
  > with the location of the fake translation

  > and since newest location is tried first it should overwrite the one from the ecm loader.

  According to http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp#n1985 new translators are prepended - not overwritten. Not sure if a missing translation in the latest file added would be search in the previous translators.

  To  understand you correctly: You really are thinking about generating  a qm file  from the kcoreaddons lib source with gettext containing real translations  added with lokalize or similar to avoid this issue ?

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons