D14707: autotests: skip '/' fstab check with zfs

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 10 19:29:20 BST 2018

bruns added a comment.

  In D14707#305773 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14707#305773>, @dfaure wrote:

  > OK maybe I misunderstood the comment "Welcome to the wondeful world of / on zfs with boot-environments :)."
  >
  > If it's not related to zfs then two options:
  >
  > 1. allowing for no root possible mountpoint, as you suggest, but I don't like it, it could hide a major regression in KMountPoint one day.
  > 2. somehow finding that we're in the zpool/bootfs/whatever case where this can happen (so the test still runs in the "normal case").
  >
  >   Any idea how to do the latter? Is this a FreeBSD-specific thing? We could allow "no root" only on FreeBSD, if nothing else...

  The question is what this check is supposed to assert. In general, there is no guarantee how the fstab looks like, it can be completely empty. You only need a root fs, and that can be given e.g. using kernel parameters. Think of e.g. Live images, which is copied to an optical medium (/dev/srN on Linux) or a USB stick (/dev/sdX).

  Probably the code should check against a well known string/file instead of the fstab of the running system, i.e. pass something else than /etc/fstab to setmntent.

  Oh, and maybe we should get rid of anything #if defined(_OS_SOLARIS_), defined(_AIX) or defined(WIN32_WCE)  ...

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO