D9070: KDE platform plugin: don't force default stylename on user-specified fonts

Christoph Feck noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 30 19:04:46 UTC 2017

cfeck added a reviewer: cfeck.
cfeck added a comment.

  The config would work with removed styleName() for the cases where the weight() and style() attributes are sufficient. The intention from Qt's side was to uniquely identify fonts that cannot be selected by those two attributes. Imagine a font that has these faces:

  - HandwriteRegular
  - HandwriteBold
  - HandwriteItalic
  - HandwriteBoldItalic
  - HandwriteCursive
  - HandwriteBoldCursive

  Now the user picks "HandwriteCursive", and unless we do not save the styleName(), the font matching would probably select "HandwriteItalic" based on the weight() and style() attributes. On the other hand, calling setBold(true) on a font called "HandwriteCursive" _should_ select "HandwriteBoldCursive", even if the styleName was intended to enforce a specific face. If Qt cannot fix this issue, then we have to clear the styleName() at least for those fonts, where a perfect match is possible using the attributes alone (by comparing with the database again).

REPOSITORY
  R135 Integration for Qt applications in Plasma