D9070: KDE platform plugin: don't force default stylename on user-specified fonts

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 30 18:54:01 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   IMO that's a feature though and is the expected behaviour. For instance, if we change the default window title to be bold, users with "windowTitle=Comic Sans" will also have a bold title.

  So how would you "change the default window title to be bold" and more importantly, how many people are going to have only a font family name in their configuration files? The vast majority will use the available GUI methods for selecting fonts and will end up with a complete specification.

  I'd go one step further: why would changes to defaults override choices already made by users? That's bad practice any way you look at it.

  >   So just specifying exactly 10 parameters as part of the config key should have the exact same effect.

  I don't know what Qfont method that comes from, but experience shows that just removing the stylename extension from the config key (a freshly generated one) doesn't do the trick. IOW, the stylename isn't cleared.

REPOSITORY
  R135 Integration for Qt applications in Plasma