[Differential] [Commented On] D4663: Allow setting the timeout value.

Albert Vaca Cintora noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 18 20:43:21 UTC 2017

albertvaka added a comment.

  I don't think indicators are the future of notifications :/

  If you have a look at modern systems like Android (which had the luxury of designing a notification system without having to think about legacy), they have nothing like app indicators: they use persistent notifications instead. Gnome has also taken that way [1], so if we make appindicarors a core part of kdeconnect, we will never look native on Gnome... I'm trying to find a different solution.

  [1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/OS/MessageTray/Compatibility

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications

EMAIL PREFERENCES