[Differential] [Commented On] D4663: Allow setting the timeout value.

Martin Klapetek noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 18 18:49:58 UTC 2017

mck182 added a comment.

  I see your usecase, but I think there might be better solution overall
  and that would involve not actually depending on the notification. As
  you say, servers should enforce maximum timeout, Plasma does just
  that and there's no safe way to predict what other servers would do.

  You could simply create a StatusNotifierItem with "demands-attention"
  state, that would cause it to blink, pulse or do whatever the implementation
  does. The good thing about this is that this would be animated in the
  screen basically forever while not being obtrusive. In Plasma it even
  raises a panel that is hidden. It's also fully cross platform and in fact,
  it is where the persistent notifications should evolve into (where
  persistent is the persistence you're looking for in your usecase). This
  would be in addition to the regular notification, not its replacement.
  Clicking the SNI would result in the exact same action you'd get from
  the notification. Plus, KSNI lives in the KNotification lib, so no new
  dependency. How's that?

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications

EMAIL PREFERENCES