[Differential] [Commented On] D4234: Change algorithm for autobrace.

Jérémy Girard noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 16 22:41:16 UTC 2017

cactus added a comment.

  Hello,

  In the case of void foo(bar); the both solution has the same result. But when you have 2 levels of bracket the result are different.
  In the example of :
  if (isEndMatching())
  or
  printf("Bonjour")

  With auto-brackets enabled and with the old behavior, if you type every char you obtain :
  if (isEndMatching()))
  and
  printf("Bonjour"))

  To have 2 levels of bracket is very common.
  For example, in the diff below you have :
  if (view->config()->autoBrackets() && chars.size() == 1) {
  closingBracket = matchingEndBracket(chars[0], true);
  if ( m_currentAutobraceClosingChar == chars[0] && m_currentAutobraceRange ) {
  if (!closingBracket.isNull() && !skipAutobrace ) {
   if (!(config()->backspaceIndents())) {
  const auto nextChar = view->document()->text({cursorPos, cursorPos + Cursor{0, 1}}).trimmed();
  uint col = qMax(c.column(), 0);
  removeText(KTextEditor::Range(line - 1, textLine->length(), line, 0));

  I think more than 1/2 of this below code use more than 1 level of bracket and the current code isn't enough smart to eat them.

  @dhaumann: I don't feel demotivated by this and I would try to help more. I don't have time now but it is not because you reject my patch than I stop to want helping you.
  The behavior of auto-bracket is a personal choice.  I think the current code is frustrating to me but I understand some other people dislike my patch.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor

EMAIL PREFERENCES