[Differential] [Commented On] D4234: Change algorithm for autobrace.

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 16 20:34:20 UTC 2017

dhaumann added a comment.

  In my opinion, the current solution is "ok", i.e., if I type: void foo(bar); with auto-brackets enabled, the current code is smart enough eat the ')' since it maintains the range. While defining new functions or calling methods, this works perfectly.

  The proposed patch does the same but very aggressive, so it is not "clearly better", since it will have many false positives.

  I vote to reject this patch, since it's much better to decide this now than waiting months without any action.

  @Jérémy: That said, I still appreciate very much the fact that you try to improve this. Please don't feel demotivated by this and provide many more patches :-)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor

EMAIL PREFERENCES