[Differential] [Commented On] D2854: New: ECMAddQCH, for generating qch & doxygen tag files

shumski (Hrvoje Senjan) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 30 16:29:12 UTC 2016

shumski added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kossebau wrote in KDEInstallDirs.cmake:534
> Not sure what you mean, please point out the issue you see here with more details :)
>
> The plan here is:
> if KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS is set, install QCH files to QT_INSTALL_DOCS, if not, some "normal" dir (there is no standard dir for QCH in general currently, everybody installs their 3rd-party QCH files somewhere).
> See thread http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2016-November/027856.html and especially the latest http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2016-November/028001.html
> Feedback is very welcome.

I mean, addition of qch subdir is 'your' invention here.
If Frameworks were to use only qmake build-system, i'm sure qch files would end up in QT_INSTALL_DOCS directory.
I.e. for KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON the paths are Qt's, so are with KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=OFF, just that for the latter case they are read from sources, opposed to querying qmake.

EMAIL PREFERENCES