[Differential] [Commented On] D2854: New: ECMAddQCH, for generating qch & doxygen tag files

kossebau (Friedrich W. H. Kossebau) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 30 16:57:18 UTC 2016

kossebau added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> shumski wrote in KDEInstallDirs.cmake:534
> I mean, addition of qch subdir is 'your' invention here.
> If Frameworks were to use only qmake build-system, i'm sure qch files would end up in QT_INSTALL_DOCS directory.
> I.e. for KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON the paths are Qt's, so are with KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=OFF, just that for the latter case they are read from sources, opposed to querying qmake.

But that is the same for the current QTPLUGINDIR, QTQUICKIMPORTSDIR, & QMLDIR, no? They also only get set to the Qt system paths if KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON, otherwise get set to something based on general LIBDIR.
(I would have liked to put the setting of QTQCHDIR next to these other ones, but at that time DATAROOTDIR is not yet defined, so had to create a separate if-else)
And especially if installing multiple versions of the same dir (e.g. for different projects or as developer of the lib), it will be needed to optionally not install into the Qt system path, but point all the tools via ENV variables or other ways to the matching plugins or documentation.

EMAIL PREFERENCES