Kio vs encfs vs Kate: exec permission

Arnaldo Candido Junior arnaldoponto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:29:45 UTC 2016

Thank's for the quick answer.

Yes, I'm using encfs locally in my Kubuntu 16.04. Some details follow below.

I'm not using any mount options. Umask under the folder returns 0002. I
don't think it's an umask problem, since vim, touch and stdout redirection
seem to work as expected.

How to reproduce this behavior (considering encfs installed).

$ mkdir src dst
$ encfs $(pwd)/src $(pwd)/dst
$ touch dst/a.txt
$ vim dst/a.txt # until now, no exec permission
$ kate dst/a.txt # after saving, the permission will change

Best regards,
Arnaldo