Kio vs encfs vs Kate: exec permission

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Mon Nov 7 18:41:19 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Arnaldo Candido Junior
<arnaldoponto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm using encfs to encrypt some of my folders. Whenever I use Kate to edit
> and save any file under these folders, the file receives exec permission.
>
> I suppose this is a bug. Kate developers advised me to contact Kio
> developers.
>
> I would like to ask if there is any workaround to solve this.

I assume you use encfs to mount a partition and then use this folder
as if it were a local folder and files, right?

In that case, it is unlikely that it is KIO's fault. What are your
mount options? What does `umask` say in a folder in the konsole ?

Btw, the file owner may change, since Kate uses QSaveFile: It first
saves to a temporary file in the same folder, and on success, removes
the old one and renames the new one.

Greetings
Dominik