gcode.xml got into KF5::KTextEditor without review

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sat Mar 5 23:47:42 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 1:12 AM, Sven Brauch <mail at svenbrauch.de> wrote:
> Hey Alexander,
>
> Thanks for caring and sorry for breaking the string freeze; I missed
> that. I reverted the commit and I will resubmit it after the 5.8 release
> is out.
>
> On 05/03/16 01:01, Alexander Potashev wrote:
>> [2] is clearly a feature, but it was not submitted to reviewboard
>> before pushing to ktexteditor.git:master.
> I thought it was up to the individual projects how to handle that. New
> syntax highlighting files are really not critical changes at all, and I
> consider the reviewing and fixing that happened on kwrite-devel for this
> patch sufficient. It did not seem necessary to make a new and probably
> one-time contributor go through reviewboard for this one submission.
> Additionally, we regularily receive submissions like that and we often
> handle them like this.
> If I'm mistaken here, could you please point me to the policy saying
> otherwise?

Hi Sven,
Here's the link you're requesting:
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies#Frameworks_commits_are_reviewed

And the policy does apply because ktexteditor is not a different
project. It's a KDE Framework and as such it's under it's quality
measures.

Nevertheless, you reviewed it, so it's fine.

Aleix