gcode.xml got into KF5::KTextEditor without review

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 6 15:00:53 UTC 2016

On Sunday 06 March 2016 00:47:42 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 1:12 AM, Sven Brauch <mail at svenbrauch.de> wrote:
> > Hey Alexander,
> >
> > Thanks for caring and sorry for breaking the string freeze; I missed
> > that. I reverted the commit and I will resubmit it after the 5.8 release
> > is out.
> >
> > On 05/03/16 01:01, Alexander Potashev wrote:
> >> [2] is clearly a feature, but it was not submitted to reviewboard
> >> before pushing to ktexteditor.git:master.
> > I thought it was up to the individual projects how to handle that. New
> > syntax highlighting files are really not critical changes at all, and I
> > consider the reviewing and fixing that happened on kwrite-devel for this
> > patch sufficient. It did not seem necessary to make a new and probably
> > one-time contributor go through reviewboard for this one submission.
> > Additionally, we regularily receive submissions like that and we often
> > handle them like this.
> > If I'm mistaken here, could you please point me to the policy saying
> > otherwise?
>
> Hi Sven,
> Here's the link you're requesting:
> https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies#Frameworks_commits_are_reviewed
>
> And the policy does apply because ktexteditor is not a different
> project. It's a KDE Framework and as such it's under it's quality
> measures.

Right, but to be clear: reviewing on kwrite-devel is fine.
The use of reviewboard is not mandatory.

Anyway the real issue is that we tend to forget about the i18n string freeze
(even reviewers often forget). So this is a good reminder, no new translated strings
in the 2 weeks before a release.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5