Review Request 126895: Make KGlobalAccel dependency in KXmlGui optional

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Jan 26 20:33:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tuesday 26 January 2016 20:47:34 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2016, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 January 2016 19:50:13 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >> Reminds me a bit of https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/125530/ :-)
> In the end, I decided to fork, instead of maintaining patches. That allowed
> us to hack the app shortcut system, too. For other frameworks, I do
> maintain patches.

In my experience in KDE-Windows I call maintaining patches in the long term a
fork. KDE-Windows has lots of examples of this. :-)

Can you point me to your Forks / Patches? I don't know how to find them. I
don't see a branch in emerge or something.
You've probably already solved some other things I'm facing currently. :-)

I think that we should try to push the KDE Community in a way that we don't
need to fork / patch anymore for our needs. In my understanding the Frameworks
effort was specifically done to make it easier just to grab some parts of KDE
Libraries one might find useful without having to include the monolithic
"kdelibs" overhead / dependencies. And if we beneficiaries of such an effort now
end up forking things, the whole effort could be called a failure :-/

> > Let's see if my patches fare better. ConfigWidgets and IconThemes i find
> > ok. :-)
> Well, I didn't need those either. Because Krita has so many icons, some
> Windows tools like sandboxie and some virus scanners complain, which meant
> I basically _had_ to pack all icons in qrc files.

So far we had not problems with that. We always have problems with "Virus
scanners" but this is (i think) mostly because we contain lots of crypto
algorithms that are also used by CryptoLocker Viruses.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/