Review Request 126895: Make KGlobalAccel dependency in KXmlGui optional

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 26 19:47:34 UTC 2016

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016, Andre Heinecke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 26 January 2016 19:50:13 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> Reminds me a bit of https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/125530/ :-)
>
> Uh, damn, I missed this :-(
>
> I guess the intention is the same. KXmlGui is pretty important to have a "KDE
> Application" but it pulls in so much dependencies that it's imho a bit against
> the Frameworks Idea.
>
> And the demand for this should be obvious if two maintainers of large KDE-
> Windows deployments independently write such Patches ;-) I would go so far as
> basically forking it (maintaining patches as part of gpg4win) to avoid the
> DBus / KService dependency.

In the end, I decided to fork, instead of maintaining patches. That allowed us
to hack the app shortcut system, too. For other frameworks, I do maintain patches.

> Let's see if my patches fare better. ConfigWidgets and IconThemes i find ok. :-)

Well, I didn't need those either. Because Krita has so many icons, some Windows
tools like sandboxie and some virus scanners complain, which meant I basically
_had_ to pack all icons in qrc files.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org