Question about goal of Windows/Mac frameworks

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Mon Oct 26 09:33:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

>> Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> hat am 23. Oktober 2015 um 19:46 geschrieben:
>> For Krita, we decided ages ago to simply open a browser on the userbase
>> manual of Krita. Yes, it is conceivable that there are people who use
>> Krita without internet access who still need help, it's just not very
>> likely. About one complaint, maybe two in the past couple of years.
> umbrello installer also uses a khelpcenter online replacement to access umbrello
> documentation from the internet instead of a local installation (see
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=windows%3Amingw%3Awin32&package=mingw32-khelpcenter-online)
> Currently it is limited to umbrello, but could be easily extended. klauncher
> and dbus is required to launch it from the help menu.
> Ralf

I would tend to just http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qdesktopservices.html with the url to the offline copy or online page.

No dbus nor klauncher nor extra bundled application needed.
Perhaps that can be even done by magic in the frameworks ;=)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com