Question about goal of Windows/Mac frameworks

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Oct 23 14:18:57 UTC 2015

On Friday 23 of October 2015 10:31:36 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Am 21.10.2015 um 12:41 schrieb Christoph Cullmann:
> >> The last time I build umbrello with kf5 (version 5.11) dbus was required
> >> to run khelpcenter and open/save file dialogs and for remote control.
> >> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rhabacker:/branches:/wind
> >> ows:/mingw:/win32:/KF511/openSUSE_13.1/noarch/mingw32-umbrello5-installer
> >> -2.18.99-4.1.noarch.rpm (you may open this rpm with ark of 7zip file
> >> manager to get the installer) open/save stuff is fixed in KF5 master
> >> But yes, khelpcenter (if it is shipped) might need fixing
> >
> > khelpcenter is launched by klauncher5 through dbus
>
> I guess for Windows/Mac one would need to generate the help as plain HTML
> anyway, as you don't want to ship KHelpCenter with your application nor
> want to require it to be there (given it uses KHTML and more stuff ;=)

How are you going to generate plain HTML if the proper macros should be in the
(disabled) KDocTools anyway (because the docbooks - and in future other
formats - could depend on common files?

The funny thing about this story from my point of view is that, in order to
show that we support other platform, we are going to show that which is the
proper platform which does not force developers to cut down functionalities.

Side note: LibreOffice ships its help viewer and I don't think anyone
complained so far.

Ciao
--
Luigi