Question about goal of Windows/Mac frameworks

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Fri Oct 23 08:31:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

> Am 21.10.2015 um 12:41 schrieb Christoph Cullmann:
>>
>> The last time I build umbrello with kf5 (version 5.11) dbus was required
>> to run khelpcenter and open/save file dialogs and for remote control.
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rhabacker:/branches:/windows:/mingw:/win32:/KF511/openSUSE_13.1/noarch/mingw32-umbrello5-installer-2.18.99-4.1.noarch.rpm
>> (you may open this rpm with ark of 7zip file manager to get the installer)
>> open/save stuff is fixed in KF5 master
>> But yes, khelpcenter (if it is shipped) might need fixing
> khelpcenter is launched by klauncher5 through dbus
I guess for Windows/Mac one would need to generate the help as plain HTML anyway,
as you don't want to ship KHelpCenter with your application nor want to require it to
be there (given it uses KHTML and more stuff ;=)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com