Version numbering at download location

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Oct 10 13:37:26 UTC 2015

On Monday 05 October 2015 21:14:00 Marko Käning wrote:
> In MacPorts the version check is usually done by downloading the web-page where the corresponding source
> code archives can be grabbed from. This is usually a simple web-page created by source-forge, github,
> bitbucket or the like…

OK, so we're not talking about the organization of the FTP directories, but about HTML pages.
That's quite different (a single HTML page could point to multiple FTP directories, for instance).

Does https://www.kde.org/info/kde-frameworks-5.15.0.php work for this?

> Yet, KF5’s approach means that you have at first a page where you get a choice between x.y’s and then at the
> following page - a lever lower - you only start to see x.y.z refinements...

Well, the above has all you need for z==0.

For z > 0, I previously sometimes made a separate page, but that's not automated and I'm lazy
so I actually forgot for kservice 5.14.z.
Might be simpler for me to just add entries into that table above, and then it would work better for you, right?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5