Version numbering at download location

Marko Käning mk-lists at mailbox.org
Mon Oct 12 23:23:15 UTC 2015

Hi David,

On 10 Oct 2015, at 15:37 , David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> OK, so we're not talking about the organization of the FTP directories, but about HTML pages.
> That's quite different (a single HTML page could point to multiple FTP directories, for instance).

yep.

> Does https://www.kde.org/info/kde-frameworks-5.15.0.php work for this?
> Well, the above has all you need for z==0.

Looks good for z=0…

> For z > 0, I previously sometimes made a separate page, but that's not automated and I'm lazy
> so I actually forgot for kservice 5.14.z.
> Might be simpler for me to just add entries into that table above, and then it would work better
> for you, right?

I think it’s indeed simpler to just append a section to above page which lists all incoming patch
releases for the respective x.y version.

This way MacPorts’ livecheck could easily find out whether there is a new patch-version z present.

The creation of the patch-release section could surely be automated by a script which would have
to be executed on every patch release.

Thanks,
Marko