setting default widgetStyle (and ColorScheme)

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Nov 30 11:40:54 UTC 2015

On Monday, November 30, 2015 11:06:57 AM CET René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Martin Graesslin wrote:
> > In my opinion: no. I even think the frameworkintegration framework should
> > get removed from frameworks and moved into Plasma Workspace. Because
> > that's what it is about: integrating Qt applications into plasma.
>
> I don't care where the framework is, but I do think users should have the
> choice of enjoying all the effort that goes into making great KDE
> themes/styles on platforms other than Linux (and at the same time have as
> close a visual experience as possible using the same applications on
> different platforms, if they chose so).

That's not the point! Any user can use whatever theme they want. The question
is whether we should default to our Plasma defaults on non-Plasma. And the
question to that can only be: NO!

Given that: no, the framework integration plugin should not be used anywhere
except on Plasma.

> Qt does a good job in providing an appearance that matches up with the
> native style, but it will always remain a compromise in cross-platform
> code.

Then change the QStyle. There's an env variable to specify it.

Cheers
Martin