setting default widgetStyle (and ColorScheme)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:49:58 UTC 2015

René J. V. Bertin wrote:

> Of course one could work on improving the native theme, but wouldn't that be
> easiest by writing a dedicated KDE theme? In fact, I ought to check what
> happens if one selects the "Macintosh (aqua)" style as KDE's widget style and
> then applies the font selection from the fonts kcm; maybe that'll resolve the
> main issue with the native style on OS X.

For now that appears easier said than done, but it did make me think of another
argument to allow for the use of KDE themes/styles on at least OS X:

OS X does not support "texted separators", which means that applications using
addMenuSection will see only a separator. That's a regression which I am
addressing partly in my proposed KDE-specific Qt5 port for MacPorts but I have
been able to do that only for menu items in the toplevel menu bar. Using the
native style one also gets native contextual menus, and those I have not been
able to patch. Using a KDE style one still gets a native toplevel menu bar with
its menus and menu items, but contextual menus will be created through the KDE
style, and thus use the style's drawing routines. Those work as expected for all
KDE styles I have tried.

R.