kconfigwidgets should install have kf5_entry.desktop

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Oct 1 21:04:16 UTC 2014

El Dimecres, 1 d'octubre de 2014, a les 10:14:59, David Faure va escriure:
> On Tuesday 30 September 2014 20:25:59 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > I can see the kconfigwidget commit to install kf5_entry.desktop but can't
> > find  any commit in release-tools that copies the .desktop files over.
>
> Oops, it helps if I "git push".

:)

> Done now.
> http://commits.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools/06fbd2fa70d046cc7496e12860468f
> b25011ee24
> > > You mean kdelibs4support.po not being copied? OK, I just fixed this.
> >
> > There's more .po that we are not installing, see the " kdelibs4support
> > does
> > not contain any .po" thread for a list.
>
> Ah, right. I got fooled by using "ls" in one of the languages. But of course
> it might not be complete, I didn't think of that.
>
> > P.S: It seems one can't use ./pack.sh foo with your scripts anymore and
> > get
> > the correct thing, that was something i liked a lot from my version of the
> > scripts :/
>
> "the correct thing"? pack.sh does the correct thing, but only after
> make_rc_tag.sh has run. Your version of the scripts didn't copy
> translations into a git tag, this is quite different.
>
> I guess I could fold make_rc_tag into pack, it's just that it was useful to
> first tag (on the server) then check compilation locally (using the tag),
> then pack it (this is to detect compilation errors in translations due to
> bad .po files, it happens). But maybe error checking on the call to
> msgattrib --no-obsolete would catch this too?
>
> I thought there were other reasons for this split, but at this point I can't
> see them anymore, so yeah, I could merge them. Less manual steps is always
> good.

I find it very useful be able to do ./pack.sh kconfigwidgets and get the same
tarball that everyone would get if i do that, i understand there's "workflow"
limitations, i was just lamenting myself not asking you to change anything.

Cheers,
  Albert