kconfigwidgets should install have kf5_entry.desktop

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Oct 1 08:14:59 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 30 September 2014 20:25:59 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I can see the kconfigwidget commit to install kf5_entry.desktop but can't
> find  any commit in release-tools that copies the .desktop files over.

Oops, it helps if I "git push".

Done now.
http://commits.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools/06fbd2fa70d046cc7496e12860468fb25011ee24

> > You mean kdelibs4support.po not being copied? OK, I just fixed this.
>
> There's more .po that we are not installing, see the " kdelibs4support does
> not contain any .po" thread for a list.

Ah, right. I got fooled by using "ls" in one of the languages. But of course it might
not be complete, I didn't think of that.

> P.S: It seems one can't use ./pack.sh foo with your scripts anymore and get
> the correct thing, that was something i liked a lot from my version of the
> scripts :/

"the correct thing"? pack.sh does the correct thing, but only after make_rc_tag.sh has run.
Your version of the scripts didn't copy translations into a git tag, this is quite different.

I guess I could fold make_rc_tag into pack, it's just that it was useful to first tag (on the server)
then check compilation locally (using the tag), then pack it (this is to detect compilation errors
in translations due to bad .po files, it happens). But maybe error checking on the call
to msgattrib --no-obsolete would catch this too?

I thought there were other reasons for this split, but at this point I can't see
them anymore, so yeah, I could merge them. Less manual steps is always good.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5