Replacement for kde4_add_app_icon ?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Oct 1 07:53:51 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 19 August 2014 23:26:42 Marko Käning wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2014, at 12:52 , Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > Hi, i've been porting some of my apps to KF5 work and I'm noticing there
> > doesn't seem to be (or i can't find) a replacement for kde4_add_app_icon.
> >
> > This seems like a problem for the support in windows/macosX. Is there any
> > plan to work on an ecm version? Or it already exists and i failed to find
> > it? Or it was decided on purpose not to support it?
>
> Any news on this one?

I think it's up to the Mac and Windows teams to look into
- what qmake provides (see "Setting the Application Icon" in assistant)
- what cmake provides
- what cmake SHOULD provide
- possibly staging something in ECM first and then ideally showing it to the cmake developers for inclusion into cmake

A quick grep in cmake reveals this:

./Source/QtDialog/CMakeLists.txt:103:  set(SRCS ${SRCS} CMakeSetup.icns)
./Source/QtDialog/CMakeLists.txt:104:  set(MACOSX_BUNDLE_ICON_FILE CMakeSetup.icns)
./Source/QtDialog/CMakeLists.txt:105:  set_source_files_properties(CMakeSetup.icns PROPERTIES

Working on KDE Frameworks 5