[kde-frameworks-devel] Regarding entry.desktop files

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Mar 28 21:27:05 UTC 2014

Thanks for the information.  My main concern is that kf5 and
kde-runtime can be installed alongside the kdelibs4 equivalents
without overlapping files.  I didn't know there were entry.desktop
files in kde-runtime too but I see them now.  I've committed a change
to kde4support to rename the C entry.desktop file to
kf5_entry.desktop.  And also patched kde4support internally to use
kf5_entry.desktop.  Can you say if this is the right thing to do?
It'll mean the other files in kde-l10n-* also need renamed.

The contents of /usr/share/locale/l10n can probably be moved wholesale
into /usr/share/locale/l10n-kf5 or similar.  Would that be sensible?

Jonathan