Query: Possible code contribution

Harsh Kumar harsh1kumar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:06:27 UTC 2014

On 3/16/14, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, 2014-03-16, 00:16:45, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Ganesh Kumar <gp29111993 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi.
>> > This is Ganesh P Kumar, doing my B.Tech in Computer Science and
>> > Engineering
>> > in IIT Madras. As part of our curriculum we must contribute code to an
>> > open
>> > source project. There is a deadline of 40 days for the project
>> > submission.
>> > Given this small deadline, I would like to ask for suggestions from the
>> > KDE
>> > Developer group about what would be a viable project during this time.
>> > We
>> > are ok with working either with the KDE UI as such, or with any KDE
>> > subproject.
>> > Also, I would like to add that none of us have any dev experience in
>> > KDE
>> > before.
>>
>> Would a project to fix several small little issues be viable? Then you
>> could maybe work with the designers/usability team and help them out a
>> bit. 40 days is really not much.
>
> One other thing that came to my mind is development of examples for
> Frameworks
> 5, see [1] and [2].
>
> Only a couple of the frameworks seem to have an examples subdirectory.
> I think it would be both a valuable and self-contain contribution to make
> sure
> that as many frameworks as possible have good example programs.
>
> Maybe even having tutorials on techbase.kde.org explaining the steps that
> were
> necessary to create the examples.
>
> CCing the frameworks development list.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> [1] https://dot.kde.org/2014/03/04/kde-frameworks-5-alpha-two-out
> [2] http://community.kde.org/Frameworks
> --
> Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer
> KDE user support, developer mentoring

Hi Kevin,

I can write some examples as I have some time & want to contribute.
However, I will need some guidance.
I found a examples directory in karchive. Is that what is required?
Can someone please suggest a framework which is simple & with which I
can start creating examples?

--
Harsh Kumar
harshkumar.in