Query: Possible code contribution

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Mar 20 11:19:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Wednesday, 2014-03-19, 23:36:27, Harsh Kumar wrote:
> On 3/16/14, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:

> > One other thing that came to my mind is development of examples for
> > Frameworks
> > 5, see [1] and [2].
> >
> > Only a couple of the frameworks seem to have an examples subdirectory.
> > I think it would be both a valuable and self-contain contribution to make
> > sure
> > that as many frameworks as possible have good example programs.
> >
> > Maybe even having tutorials on techbase.kde.org explaining the steps that
> > were
> > necessary to create the examples.

> I can write some examples as I have some time & want to contribute.
> However, I will need some guidance.
> I found a examples directory in karchive. Is that what is required?

Yes, that is what I had in mind.

> Can someone please suggest a framework which is simple & with which I
> can start creating examples?

Good question.

All the "Tier 1" in this list [1] should be a good start since they do not
depend on anything other than Qt itself.

I am not sure how simple they are or if they have examples already.

Maybe Sonnet or Solid would be interesting to work with?

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/List

KDE user support, developer mentoring