Query: Possible code contribution

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sun Mar 16 10:19:27 UTC 2014

On Sunday, 2014-03-16, 00:16:45, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Ganesh Kumar <gp29111993 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi.
> > This is Ganesh P Kumar, doing my B.Tech in Computer Science and
> > Engineering
> > in IIT Madras. As part of our curriculum we must contribute code to an
> > open
> > source project. There is a deadline of 40 days for the project submission.
> > Given this small deadline, I would like to ask for suggestions from the
> > KDE
> > Developer group about what would be a viable project during this time. We
> > are ok with working either with the KDE UI as such, or with any KDE
> > subproject.
> > Also, I would like to add that none of us have any dev experience in KDE
> > before.
>
> Would a project to fix several small little issues be viable? Then you
> could maybe work with the designers/usability team and help them out a
> bit. 40 days is really not much.

One other thing that came to my mind is development of examples for Frameworks
5, see [1] and [2].

Only a couple of the frameworks seem to have an examples subdirectory.
I think it would be both a valuable and self-contain contribution to make sure
that as many frameworks as possible have good example programs.

Maybe even having tutorials on techbase.kde.org explaining the steps that were
necessary to create the examples.

CCing the frameworks development list.

Cheers,
Kevin