Frameworks book

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 09:08:52 UTC 2014

Hello frameworks developers,

It has been discussed on the KDE-Community list that some of you would
like a Frameworks book. While I've co-authored a book for KDE, the
Developer Guide for our GSoC students, I'm no coder. So I need
co-authors.

Mario has asked me to head up the book sprint at Randa this August,
and if enough of you are interested, we can write the book that week,
Saturday, 9th to Friday, 15th of August 2014.

We'll need a minimum of three writers, and more would be good. Don't
worry about your skill in writing; what we need are energy, knowledge
of the subject, and the ability to focus. My role will be to keep us
on track, and to polish the writing. And of course we can copy from
the wikis, emails and blog posts -- there is no need to have every
word written in Randa.

The most important part of this effort is narrowing the focus of the
book by deciding for whom we are writing. I'm guessing other
developers, but the more precise we are, the better the book will be.
A great book will be wonderful advertising for the amazing effort you
devels have put in transforming KDE-libs into KDE Frameworks.

If you have time to come to Randa this August, please respond here on
the list, and register for the sprint. For more information, see:

http://randa-meetings.ch/2014/02/19/randa-meetings-2014-the-date-is-set-please-register/

https://sprints.kde.org/sprint/212

Valorie
--