[extra-cmake-modules] modules: Revert "use the NAME_PREFIX only for the test, not for the executable"

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jun 7 18:29:05 UTC 2014

On Friday 06 June 2014 20:55:16 Alex Merry wrote:
> I guess this depends on the purpose of the name prefix. If it's purely
> to say "go look here in the codebase for this test", which is how it was
> used in kdelibs before the splitting, just changing the test name is
> fine.

Yes, that was the idea back then.

> If it's to do actual namespacing, so that you can have a jobtest
> in one place and a jobtest in another place in the same project (but
> maybe one in some server code and one in some client code), then you
> need to namespace the targets as well.

Yeah, but that's not what the feature was for.

In larger unsplit codebases (say, calligra), I think NAME_PREFIX should work
as it used to (only change the testname).

We can use different enough test names to avoid conflicts in the first place.

> I don't think any of the frameworks should use the NAME_PREFIX argument
> anyway. It's no longer useful now that everything is split.

Agreed. I'll remove it from KIO.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5