[extra-cmake-modules] modules: Revert "use the NAME_PREFIX only for the test, not for the executable"

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Sat Jun 7 22:31:19 UTC 2014

On 07/06/14 19:29, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 06 June 2014 20:55:16 Alex Merry wrote:
>> I guess this depends on the purpose of the name prefix. If it's purely
>> to say "go look here in the codebase for this test", which is how it was
>> used in kdelibs before the splitting, just changing the test name is
>> fine.
>
> Yes, that was the idea back then.
>
>> If it's to do actual namespacing, so that you can have a jobtest
>> in one place and a jobtest in another place in the same project (but
>> maybe one in some server code and one in some client code), then you
>> need to namespace the targets as well.
>
> Yeah, but that's not what the feature was for.
>
> In larger unsplit codebases (say, calligra), I think NAME_PREFIX should work
> as it used to (only change the testname).
>
> We can use different enough test names to avoid conflicts in the first place.

OK, since this seems to be what pretty much everyone who has said
anything to me about this wants, let's make the name prefix only for the
test name, then. I won't have time until Friday. If anyone wants to
create an RR for it before then, I'll just say that the documentation
needs to make the behaviour and the intended use clear.

Alex