[extra-cmake-modules] modules: Revert "use the NAME_PREFIX only for the test, not for the executable"

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jun 6 19:29:56 UTC 2014

On Saturday 10 May 2014 10:28:43 Alex Merry wrote:
> Git commit 7213137a75e832976c25168ae640d26369c771a7 by Alex Merry.
> Committed on 10/05/2014 at 10:26.
> Pushed by alexmerry into branch 'master'.
>
> Revert "use the NAME_PREFIX only for the test, not for the executable"

I didn't follow the full story on this topic, but I'm not very happy with the
current solution.

It used to be that the prefix was just for the test, i.e. for the cmake
output.

Now it's part of the executable name. So I can't do
make jobtest && ./jobtest
anymore, I have to do
make kiocore-jobtest && ./kiocore-jobtest
That's unintuitive (it's jobtest.cpp) and too much typing.

Why did we go from test names to executable names?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5