KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w28

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jul 10 09:57:23 UTC 2014

On Thursday 10 July 2014 07:41:31 Marko Käning wrote:
> Most support I need re QStandardPaths and I would be stealing some Unix code
> from  QStandardPaths::writableLocation() to be found in
> qstandardpaths_unix.cpp where XDG is being used to determine the
> environment of the system the Qt5 program runs on, using qgetenv() like
> e.g. this:
> ---
> QString xdgCacheHome = QFile::decodeName(qgetenv("XDG_CACHE_HOME"));
> ---
> Since the CI system - of course - makes use of these XDG environment
> variables during the test of every framework and application installed, it
> would be great if all these environment vars would be given to the CI
> system by a patched qt5 as well. I am working on it and will post a RR once
> I’ve got something working.

Wrong approach. XDG is a freedesktop thing which doesn't apply to Mac.

This should be fixed the other way around:
1) finding out how Mac OS lets people configure the location for their files,
or if this isn't configurable, coming up with QT_* environment variables.
2) patching QStandardPaths to use these
3) setting these vars in the CT scripts

Working on KDE Frameworks 5