OSX/MacPorts KDE CI System: Asking for trouble due to installations outside the expected $DATA_INSTALL_DIR/kf5 directory for khtml and katepart5

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jul 7 20:35:02 UTC 2014

On Monday 07 July 2014 21:31:06 Marko Käning wrote:
> Hmm, kwrite gets installed as part of kate.

Ah oops I hadn't noticed. OK.

> And this is where kxmlgui folder resides:

Irrelevant, that's the kxmlgui framework. Other things won't be writing into that install root, that's for sure.

With my patch to kwrite (pushed now), kwriteui.rc gets installed to
share/kxmlgui5/kwrite/kwriteui.rc on Linux, which should mean for you

kf5-qt5/kde/applications/kate/inst/Library/Application Support/kxmlgui5/kwrite/kwriteui.rc

If this isn't happening, then you should debug it. The easiest way is to go to the ..../kate/kwrite builddir and type "make install", and watch where the ui.rc file goes to.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5